In My Father's House

Poems, Prayers, Inspirations, Photos and Musings about life, love and what it means to be a child of the Father

Sunday, January 15, 2006

In His Time (He Makes All Things Beautiful)

A fellow scholastic's niece, Bea, gave me an unexpected gift last Christmas. It was a picture of the Crucifixion encased in a gilded glass frame. It's very ordinary. Nothing remarkable about it except that it has an analog clock inside. I haven't put battery on it so I can't say whether the clock will work. I kept it on my bedside table for several days. It was only this morning when I picked it up again that a flash of intuition, a sudden insight hit me like a lightning bolt. Then I heard a song I used to sing when things don't seem to go according to plan.

In His time, He makes all things beautiful
In His time, He makes all things beautiful
Lord, please show me everyday
That You'll do just what You say

In Your time, in Your time
You make all things beautiful
In Your time, In Your time

I'm not sure whether I got the lyrics right but I sure got the message.
God is not only God of Time but also Timing. When it seems that nothing is going right or things take infinitely long to take shape according to my wishes and desires, then maybe I have not allowed Him to be God of Time. I make plans, they are often thwarted by things beyond my control. I build things, only to see them destroyed. I struggle to keep something from falling apart to later on see it crumbling before my very eyes.

So my fervent wish is to remember, remember that He is the God of Time and in due season He shall restore things to their proper places. He shall make all things beautiful, in His time. May I not be blind in appreciating that in the seemingly impossible, God makes miracles.

10 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger EL said…

    Thanks for the comment on my blog... didn't know anyone knew about it or would come across it... hope you continue to seek out Jesus and see him more as well. Thanks...

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger sonoftheprodigal said…

    i was just surfing. i found your blog. coincidence? serendipity, maybe =)

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great reflection

     
  • At 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ifpcdqo10 years ago our son suffered a traumatic brain injury in Sunday school, he was in a comas 115 days, my husband sang this song often. Ean is with us, active challenged 20 year old. Then I opened an embroidery business and created a clock with only three numbers the others are scattered around as God puts them up IN HIS TIME.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    I really think it was a good reflection. Yup, in His time. I was thinking of putting up the song in my blog because there is a wish I made a long time ago. And now it's been granted. In His time.

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Emmanuel said…

    Yes. God is lord of time and timing. We cannot command Him. He may be taught to be slow but He is never late!

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for this message very inspirational. I was down and have lots of questions to God, You made me realized that i dont have to feel down when i wanted something and God still havent answer it.
    Can i ask favor from you? can you pls ask Bea where she bought the crucifix w/ watch. It will be a nice gift this coming Christmas. Thank you and have a nice day.

    God Bless!!!
    Myla of U.K

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    myla. thanks for commenting. that clock/frame can be bought in the market here in the philippines.

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just stumbled on this blog whilst looking for the words of this song i knew as a child. thank u for the words. i lost my daughter in dec 2005 in a plane crash whilst coming home christmas holidays from loyola jesuit college in nigeria. it does nt seem to go away.... i beieve God will make things beautiful in His time. thanx. funmi

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your message was very inspirational...thank you.

    Indeed, God does everything in HIS time. I find that I question so many things in my life and cannot find the answers. Yet, when I really take a look at life I see the Beauty in the simplest things. God has truely made things beautiful.

    God Bless you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home