In My Father's House

Poems, Prayers, Inspirations, Photos and Musings about life, love and what it means to be a child of the Father

Sunday, June 05, 2005

When The Hurting Won't Go

A friend once confided to me, "What do you do when the hurting won't go?" For a while I was not able to answer him because in truth I do not know what to say. This question has bothered me for a very long time and continues to do so.

What does one really do when the hurting inside won't stop and won't go? Do you simply pretend that it's not there? Do you surrender and say, 'What can I do, this is beyond me!'?

Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ may provide an uneasy answer. When Christ fell on his knees because of the heavy burden he was carrying, he embraced the cross as if he were clinging to his own life. I suppose we can do the same: embrace the pain that won't go away.

But not only that. Offer to Him every bit and ounce of the things that hurt us and be comforted by the thought that He too embraced the hurting that won't go. Until the hurt was no more...

Son of the Prodigal

3 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah...it's true. Pero ang hirap lalo na 'pag bago pa. Prayer and surrender...Yes...But there will always be something deep within us that would say NO.

    Gracia.

    Perhaps the hurting will continue if we forget that no matter what happens God still loves us. People may not like us, reject us, abandon us, leave us, criticize us but we must always remember that our GOD will always be with us. We are most beautiful in His eyes. He has called us by name. He has chosen us to be who we are,what we have become and what we shall be. Let us be grateful to Him. And surely, slowly, slowly, the hurts will even become a blessing, they will become the friction that would sharpen our outlooks in life.

    Sounds spiritual...yes...but we are all called to be spiritual...to comingle with our Creator.

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger sonoftheprodigal said…

    thank you bert for your insightful comment!

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    HELLO i was able to save my marriage with the help of Dr.Lawrence drlawrencespelltemple@hotmail.com .my husband left me for over 16 weeks and he stop responding to my call and emails but after i contacted Dr.Lawrence he did a spell that made my husband to come back to me within the period of 24 hours and ever since my husband came back to me he is so committed to me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home