In My Father's House

Poems, Prayers, Inspirations, Photos and Musings about life, love and what it means to be a child of the Father

Saturday, May 07, 2005

And What If You've Been Hurt?

Firehole Bridge A lot of people argue that they cannot simply forgive persons who had hurt them deeply. This is true. You cannot just say to a person who did the hurting, "Hey, I forgive you and I have no more ill-feelings towards you," especially if that person is a loved one or used to be one.

Of all the hurts, the one committed by a person we love hurts the most. And why is it? Because the pain we feel is intensified by feelings of betrayal, abandonment, dishonesty on the part of the one who hurt. We may ask, "Why didn't he tell me?" or "For so long, why did she keep this to herself? I only she spoke up."

Then we go on blaming ourselves of things we did and we did not do to prevent the hurting. We also blame the other person for things that he did and did not do. And most of all, we blame God saying, "You knew that all of this would happen and would really hurt me. How come You allowed this to happen and remained silent while it was happening?"

And what if God says, "I'm sorry. I never intended it to be that way. I knew it would hurt you down deep but it would also make you stronger and a better person. If you can only see what I'm preparing for you, perhaps it would ease your pain, if a bit. Because you see, 'I make all things new.'"

Son of the Prodigal Father
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." [Isaiah 40:31]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home