In My Father's House

Poems, Prayers, Inspirations, Photos and Musings about life, love and what it means to be a child of the Father

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Say it Anyway!

Today, more than half of the world's population will greet their own fathers on this occasion of Fathers' Day. The other half would just shrug: "I didn't have a father anyway," or "My father wasn't that good or special to me," or "I hate my Dad, why should I greet him Happy Fathers' Day?"

We can all lament on how bad or irresponsible or unloving our fathers had been to us but we can't change the fact that they are responsible for bringing us into this world. That without them, there can never be us. We cannot experience the beauty of life, the wonder of having friends.

We owe it to them. So no matter how bad or irresponsible they have been, it should not stop us from thanking them for this most precious gift we call life.

Son of the Prodigal

2 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Melancholic Witch said…

    uy noel! thanks for dropping by my blog. wala ka kasing tagboard kaya dito nalang ako nagtag hehe...

    napaka-religion-oriented naman ang blog mo. pero i understand, it's your passion right?
    sana daan ka lagi blog ko at magcomment haha! see you around!

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Melancholic Witch said…

    btw, http://darcyastig241.blogdrive.com
    utl ko, pero try the other links sa blog ko for my other blogs hehe :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home