In My Father's House

Poems, Prayers, Inspirations, Photos and Musings about life, love and what it means to be a child of the Father

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Greatest Lover in the World

When I was in college I read one of Johnny Hart's panels showing two ants (apparently a pair) talking atop a wall. This is how their conversation goes:

Girl ant: "Honey, do you love me?"
Boy ant: "Yeah, of course."
Girl ant: "Do you love me enough to die for me?"
Boy ant: "Yeah, why not?"
Girl ant: "Do you love me enough to die for me even if I weren't even born yet?"
Boy ant: "Isn't that asking too much from a guy?"
Girl ant: "I don't know, I just know someone who does."

Then the last panel shows that they are actually perched on a cross. (Oh, how I wish I could have that comic strip and post it here!)

That very simple comic strip says a lot of what I want to say here: there is an actual person who can love us more than what we can imagine. There is someone who can go the distance of loving us, to death, even if we aren't born yet. Now isn't that something to be grateful for?

7 Comments:

  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger sonoftheprodigal said…

    welcome jonathan. as they say, even an elephant forgets...

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger kukote said…

    hi! just blog hopping!

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    hi father noel!

    thank you for dropping by my blogger site too, although there's nothing in there, hehe. thank you for the encouragement. :) walk on for God! :)

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    no-el (weng?), you missed french class today! well, we just had some exercise on passe compose and imparfait!

    bro, padagdag sa prayers ng mga sj ang communities surrounding mainit lake dahil maraming areas underwater na. visit my blog at www.pidjanga.blogspot.com. GMA7 noticed it and Imbestigador will go there tomorrow. daghang salamat. zimm/peter

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger sonoftheprodigal said…

    yes i am finishing the revision of our policy paper. i will just have to submit my exercises via e-mail. thanks for dropping by and we'll pray for you. hope it's not something catastrophic like the one in leyte.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Just a human said…

    Nice way to start my day, thanks!

    I heard it once described this way by a missionary priest, something like this:

    "There's one other human being in the world that I know loves me unconditionally. My sister loves me -- no matter what -- and I've said and done some pretty horrible things to her. She accepts me for all that I am...and all that I am not. Just think, that's how God loves you, but even more."

    Wow.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great article you got here. I'd like to read a bit more concerning that topic.
    BTW look at the design I've made myself Companionship in London

     

Post a Comment

<< Home