In My Father's House

Poems, Prayers, Inspirations, Photos and Musings about life, love and what it means to be a child of the Father

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Stupid Sparrow

I was taking a nap in our house one afternoon. I distinctly heard it: mad flapping of wings followed by loud thuds against the glass windowpanes. I went to the living room and saw a poor sparrow desperately trying to get out of the house. It was very insistent to flew right through the glass windows. But everytime it tried to fly against the glass, it would be met by the harsh and cold glass windows.

I opened the door for the poor stupid bird and kept on shooing it out. But it got frightened and flew again and again towards the closed window. In a few seconds, it dropped to the floor. I held it in my hand, blood oozing from its head. It quivered and died in my arms. I felt sorry for the bird.

The sparrow gave me a lesson I won't forget. We, sometimes, are as stupid as it was. We keep on insisting that the only way is through a window, attractive but closed. We stay away from the open door and keep banging our heads against what we think was the only exit. Someone comes to help us but we fly away from him/her. We get scared, suspicious, panicky. We become proud that we don't need help. We fly against the closed window once more, in a last ditch effort to escape. We hurt. We die. We hurt people close to us. They too, die. And it may be too late for us to realize, that the door might be not only the only way but the best as well.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello,I'm Anna and I'm from Germany.
    Your text is full of emotions,I love that.
    Best regards..
    Anna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home