In My Father's House

Poems, Prayers, Inspirations, Photos and Musings about life, love and what it means to be a child of the Father

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Message of Hope?

(Or Hope in the Message)

This season television ads will cash in on the message of hope. Priests and ministers will propound on the theme of hope. Greeting cards will banner messages bearing and bringing hope. Hope then becomes a commodity, a surplus value that needs to be peddled to cash-strapped, lonely individuals roaming the planet like ghosts.

But what we keep on forgetting is that hope is in the message itself: That the Son of Man has come to redeem for His Father all those who are lost and have gone astray.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Noel, S.J. ka pala? I'm not surprised. I thought there was a serenity about you. He he, whatever that means. A Jesuit seminarian wrote me a few years ago, admiring one of my stories. Forgot his name though. See you later, classmate!

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger sonoftheprodigal said…

    thanks janet. thank you too for commenting on my story.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Steph Youstra said…

    Came across your site from your comment on Laurentina's blog about the icon of the Immaculate Conception. Glad I followed the link .... I only had the chance to briefly skim through your site, but I really liked what I saw.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home