In My Father's House

Poems, Prayers, Inspirations, Photos and Musings about life, love and what it means to be a child of the Father

Friday, July 29, 2005

Shocking Picture

The following was from an e-mail sent to me by a friend. It really shocked me. I decided to feature it here so that more people will learn about the gravity of the problem people in Sudan , especially in Darfur region, have. And hopefully spur us into action. (Click picture to enlarge.)

Vulture on the Look Out



The Photographer Who Caught the World's Attention



A Letter to Addressed to God Before He Committed Suicide


Dear God,

I promise I will never waste my food no matter how bad it can taste and how full I may be. I pray that He will protect this little boy, guide and deliver him away from his misery. I pray that we will be more sensitive towards the world around us and not be blinded by our own selfish nature and interests.

I hope this picture will always serve as a reminder to us that how fortunate we are and that we must never ever take things for granted.

Please don't break.. keep on forwarding to our friends On this good day. Let's make a prayer for the suffering in anywhere anyplace around the globe and send this friendly reminder to others "Think & look at this... when you complain about your food and the food we wasted daily........

Kevin Carter

Info on Darfur: http://www.savedarfur.org/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home