In My Father's House

Poems, Prayers, Inspirations, Photos and Musings about life, love and what it means to be a child of the Father

Friday, August 12, 2005

Prayer for a Sense of Humor



Lord,
I'm feeling weird these days.
People everywhere are frowning.
Maybe it's because of the weather.
Or the traffic jam that causes delays.
But I have a sinking feeling that no one's
in the mood for fun and a little laughter.
Like the man on the street who used to
be so cheery. I saw him awhile ago sulking.
Or the lady who used to give me an ear to
ear grin. She did not even lift her face
to welcome me when I entered her store.
Kids and old people are irritable. I don't
know for what reason. Maybe, this too
will pass. But when? I do not know.
So I ask you today, please...
Give us a sense of humor.
Let someone crack joke, or do something
stupid. That would elicit laughter from us.
Let us forget, even if for a moment, our problems
and concerns.

Lord, I beg you. Give us a sense of humor
and I mean RIGHT NOW!



2 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey i like this! we all need a sense of humor expecially during hell weeks like this week we are in right now!

    i do a lot of stupid things. but how come i just can't laugh at them?

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger sonoftheprodigal said…

    thanks weyms!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home